- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

10.19.2009

silence in a shattered world

"can you hear the prayer of the children
on bended knee in the shadow of an unknown room
empty eyes with no more tears to cry
turning heavenward for the light

crying jesus, help me to see the morning light
for one more day. but if i should die before i wake,
i pray my soul to take

can you feel the hearts of the children
aching for home, for something of their very own
reaching hands, with nothing to hold onto,
but hope for a better day, a better day

crying jesus, help me to feel the love again
in my own land, but if unknown roads lead
away from home, give me loving arms away from harm

can you hear the voice of the children
softly pleading for silence in a shattered world
angry gods preach the gospel full of hate
blood of the innocent on their hands

cry jesus, help me to feel the sun again upon my face
for when darkness clears i know you're near
bringing peace again

can you hear the prayer of the children?"

aren't we all children?

2 comments:

  1. this song. madrigals. tears? yes. incredible. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. this brings tears to my eyes EVERY time. i <3 this song so much.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_xj6Ymz9ak&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete