- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

4.11.2009

the texting chronicles: v.1

texting + walking = pole to the face.

scenario 1: freshman year i was texting while walking when a skateboarder appears in the corner of my eye. to avoid collision, i veer to the left without looking up. suddenly, a tree branch that'd snagged on the backpack of the guy in front of me swung back and smacked me in the face. it hurt. but it wasn't until i got home that i realized i was bleeding. it left a pretty nasty scratch for a couple weeks right on my cheek under my eye. that led to lots of good stories, let me tell ya. "hey!" (then examining my face) "what happened to your cheek?" "oh i ran into a tree" "you ran into a TREE?! how?" "texting." (funny look then laughter) i love my friends.

scenario 2: about a year and a half later, walking back from a concert, i was texting while walking again (a fairly common occurrence for me, actually). just walking along talking with some friends when a pole suddenly jumped in my way and smacked me in the head. it was one of those times that it took a minute to register what had just happened, but melissa on the ground laughing help solidify the fact i had just indeed ran into another inanimate object. no scratches this time, just a bruise or two. i've considered learning a lesson from these scenarios, but then i think what good stories they make and decide i'll learn my lesson next time. or the time after that. yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment