- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

4.22.2009

summer wedding

parker got engaged tonight. 
3 months from today he'll be married. 
laci is my age and i love her already, 
even though i don't know her really well. 

being at school, i feel so distant from it all
but i know parker picked the best
and i love him for that.  

my parents adore her. 
my grandpa admires her. 
my sisters look up to her.
coleman thinks she's pretty.  
i know she is.   
but most importantly 
parker needs her. 

i love watching parker get so excited, 
wanting everything to go right. 
i love hearing he's nervous to propose, 
then the excitement as he reports, 
"she said yes, mom, she said yes!"  
i love imagining laci talk to her mom, her friends,
about how parker makes her smile. 
they are truly perfect for each other. 

i thought it would be sad letting parker "go",
watching him move to a new phase. 
but i can't describe how thrilled i am for everything. 
a new addition to the ence clan in a summer wedding.  

i'm finally getting an >older sister<  

:)  

1 comment:

  1. Parker forwarded this to me and it really is true... Even while I'm talking to the women in my life about him I can't help but smile. I hope he needs me because there's no way I'd want to try and live without him.

    Thanks so much for being so darling and including us in your blog. It means more than you know. Can't wait to have three new sisters! Love you!

    ReplyDelete