- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1.20.2010

jerry and janet.


pretty sure i've met the coolest man in logan.  his name is
jerry and i sit next to him in choir.  jerry is 74 years old and
still works because he wants to, because otherwise he would
get bored.  jerry makes funny comments all through choir
that keep me laughing and awake for the 2.5 hour rehearsals.
jerry offers to give me rides whenever i want... even to salt
lake!  jerry met his wife in high school, 1956, it was "love at
first sight" as he said, and they went on their first date (a blind
date...) to a dance at saltaire (typical, love it!).  he graduated
and waited 2 years for her to graduate, in the meantime going
to all the high school dances though he was too old.  then
they got married 30 days after she was graduated... she was
barely 18 and he 20.  they had kids right off the bat and he
never got to go to college because he had to work.  he told me
all about his kids and his job and his life, and i love it.  i'm glad
to be sitting by the most hilarious 74 year old i've ever met.
he's like a second grandpa, which is what you need when you're
away at school.  (i already have lots at home :))

then there's janet.  she sits on the other side of me.  janet was a
theater major, but really just wanted to sing for her whole life.
janet has children too, some far away, some close.  she tends
her darling grandchildren quite a bit, and spoils them rotten,
like any good grandparent should do.  janet gives me a ride
home from choir every week because she refuses to let me
walk home at 9:45 in the dark.  bless her heart.  she looks out
for me in so many ways... she even took my the creation book
and had it bound all nice so i wouldn't have to carry my folder
in the concert.  what a sweetheart.  she's got quite the attitude,
too!  between janet and jerry, there is never a dull moment in
choir, especially because janet always has something to say
about an outfit someone is wearing, or the way the two ladies
in front of us bob and sway when we sing, or the way lanae
always steals my cell phone and sometimes forgets to give it
back.  needless to say, i love these people.  and i'm glad i've
met them.  i like to consider them my logan grandparents :)

i think it makes my mom feel better too, knowing there's someone watching out for me always!

yay for old people, gosh i just love 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment