- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

12.31.2009

what i've been reminded of in 2009:

- I am completely obsessed with my family. They are better than any friends I’ve ever made, and I miss them terribly when I’m at school.
- My little sisters are my best friends.
- I was definitely born to be a teacher, but am completely terrified at the thought of starting a career in a year and a half.
- There are a LOT of turkeys and complainers in the world.
- It’s so important to have a great audience of friends on the front row for support.
- Sometimes the best friends you can have will always be thousands of miles away, but true friendship isn’t being inseparable, it’s being separated and nothing changes.
- God is completely invested in my life and knows what’s best for me. I need to work on my relationship with Him in 2010.
- Discipline isn’t so bad when you plan ahead ;]
- As good as I am at pretending, I am pretty darn nervous for Feb. 24th... and I hate unknowns.
- I get the most work done in the morning hours.
- I love going to bed early!
- I am obsessed with change. The idea that I can wake up everyday and become better, improve, and change completely excites me. Now I just need to be more consistent with daily goals. . .
- Facebook is a really ridiculous distraction. I need to monitor my time on there better.
- Sometimes really unfortunate, devastating things happen to good, undeserving people. But everything in this life happens for a purpose and trials bring us closer to our Heavenly Father.
- I shouldn’t live with the same people for more than a year.
- Time goes a lot faster when you’re NOT counting.
- Every time I open the scriptures I find something new and useful, no matter how many times I’ve read a certain part there is always something that pops out I never noticed before. And conveniently, it’s always just what I needed to hear.
- I get grumpy on days when I don’t read my scriptures.
- I’ve found a new love in reading. I love reading a lot more than I used to! I just wish there was time to sit down everyday and read for hours!
- Being different is ok.
- I really miss piano. I can’t believe I’ve let my technique fall from where it used to be. New years resolution is to get it back to where it was senior year in high school!
- There is definitely a problem in being too focused. I need to loosen up and be more social at school.
- Life is better when I am completely confident in myself and my abilities.
- I’m really, really, really sad that my two best buds in Logan are graduating this semester!! Whitney and Melissa, Logan just won’t be the same without you ☹
- I really don’t like being cold, and often I stop and wonder why I decided to live in the frozen tundra of Logan.
- It’s impossible to keep in touch with every friend you’ve ever had in life. Especially the ones I meet now – they come and go.
- I’m SO done with high school and it bothers me when friends I had in high school can’t let go of it.
- I, like Megan said, need to learn from my past and get better at not dwelling in it.

I have a feeling 2010 is going to be an excellent year.

No comments:

Post a Comment