- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

12.24.2009

red van

lately i've been remembering all my dreams really well. and they've been having really random, unrelated people in them. it's crazy. last night, i dreamt that i was supposed to speak at sarah england's farewell. there were 2 musical numbers, a youth speaker, her talk, another musical number, then me. there were hundreds of people in the audience and out in the foyers (packed), all conveniently wearing Hurd Aggie shirts... apparently there was a game afterwards?! the musical number before my talk was "i cannot find my way" from the forgotten carols. the family who was singing it started from the back of the congregation and walked all around the congregation, singing the song. soon, a lot of the congregation started walking around with them. weird. i got up, sobbing, because i love that song so much and it went perfectly with what i wanted to talk about. but right before i got up, my mom had told me my talk was no good and i needed to rewrite it, or at least just follow the spirit and say what is in my heart, not what was written on paper. during sarah's talk i had been frantically trying to write notes and other things i could talk about, so i could please my mom. i got up and nate bendall was in the bishopric, but they couldn't figure out the right height for the pulpit. it was embarrassing. i started talking about coming unto christ and how that song was the perfect segway into my talk... about 3 sentences into my talk, about 3/4 the congregation just gets up and leaves. i, from the pulpit, said, "well, sorry my talk is so boring, hope you have a great day... byeeee" and this guy shouted out, "yeah, we're going to jason's. this is lame." haa. so then i start crying more because everyone hates me and because i'm just emotional already. i keep going, then this blonde dude comes up and messes with the pulpit some more so it's going up and down and i can't read my notes and no once can stop it :( finally the bishop just pulled the pulpit plug and that fixed that. parker and quentin smith then stood up and start playing catch with a tennis ball because they were bored. after what seemed like an eternity, i finally finish up my talk with my testimony, then sat down, completely devastated that my talk was a total disaster and that everyone hated me.

we had a big red van which i convinced my mom to let me drive home. i was, afterall, too late to hear jason speak. hannah got in with me, and we drove. there were so many cars everywhere! we saw nate mensink, my boy from the netherlands, so i got out and gave him a hug and we talked for a bit. while we were talking, that same blonde dude and his girlfriend got in my trunk with this huge box of something, i wasn't sure. i got back in and they wouldn't leave the car, so i decided i would leave the trunk open and maybe they would fall out if i drove crazy enough. so, i did. i swerved in and out of lanes, and tried to make them fall out. when we got up by our church, there were so many cars waiting to get out of the parking lot, i just had to use the left lane. this icicle as big as me fell in front of our car and we had to jump over it, then the cars that were coming our way we had to jump over as well. it was crazy. but the people didn't fall out. we got up by the reich's and there was a line of people barricading the road. all wearing sweatshirts and fabric over their faces straight down so you couldn't see a profile or anything. i decided, since i was in a hurry, that i would just run over them. so i did.

my mom was at the perkins, and she used the force to stop the car. i got out and she was not happy. she asked if i had ever driven this car before and why i was driving so crazy, trying to kill everyone..? i told her about the strangers in the backseat and she said i should've just called the police or gotten nate bendall to come attack them or something. i explained the car was running and they would've stolen it, and hannah was in there with them, but that i would take care of it and go home soon. so we drive to jared johnsen's old house and the people in the back say they need a ride to pizza hut DOWNTOWN for pizza before the aggie game. there was no way i was going to drive down there, but luckily jared came out of the house with a baseball bat and was ready to attack them. they got out the backseat and ran away. thank goodness. i drove home, but on our street everyone was parked like 4 cars across the road, blocking everything. so, i drove over all their cars and crushed all of them. i ran into my garage door and it fell off, then i just pulled into the driveway anyway and parked the car. i think i was going to head over to jason's for the party because i had missed his whole talk in church, but i woke up, so i''ll never know. dreams are crazy. one day i'll write about laci and parker's second wedding.

merry christmas eve! today is my favorite day of the year, hands down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment