- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

12.10.2009

madrigals

the skyline high christmas concert does it for me every year.
reminds me how much i honestly and dearly miss madrigals.
but not only mads. but concert choir, highlites, and even
all the accompanying i had to do. gundy was right. those
are the moments of high school you remember forever.
singing the alumni numbers up there on stage always
makes me so excited and reminiscent of junior and senior
year, when choir ruled my life and defined the best moments
in my high school existence. then talking to gundy tonight?
favorite. such a legacy he's leaving. i love that he loves me,
tells me no piano player since me has come along that even
begins to compare. i miss that. he's one of those teachers
that makes you feel great about yourself (when you're lucky
enough to be on his good side, heh heh). and seeing all the
alumni and friends and connections afterwards, and even
during... skyline high is the best place to grow up. choir
may seem nerdy, but i wouldn't trade my choir friends
for the world. i got to stand by my not-so-little brother
coleman during silent night alumni. almost started crying.
he's the mads president this year... and i'm so proud of him!
and to think, it was like pulling teeth to get him to try out
for troubs sophomore year. you can thank me later, coleman.
can't wait until may when they perform mads on broadway,
just like we did. tonight was a good night. christmas wouldn't
be christmas without skyline choir christmas concert. love.

No comments:

Post a Comment