- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

9.09.2010

3 weeks?


so, i'm leaving in 3 weeks from yesterday.  :)
after watching future sister jessica myers open her call
yesterday (brazil, santa maria!), i got another wave of
mission excitement.  this week, reality's been setting
in that i really am leaving so soon, i'm really going
on a mission... leaving my family, leaving devin,
taking a break from school and real life, for 18 months...
going to live in another country with complete strangers
for 18 months.  WOW.  18 months.  but, as i was watching
the cute little MTC videos ("the district"- they're great!), i
got both so excited and so nervous.  i've said it before, but
i've never been so excited and nervous about any event in
my life.  the closer i get to leaving, the more stuff i gather
and add to the perpetual piles in my room, the more i read
preach my gospel and study my scriptures, the more i attend
the temple, and the more i just stop and think about what
i'm getting myself into, the more i just have to stop and
breathe.  today i wrote one of my farewell talks, and just
picturing myself up in front of the congregation giving
my talk, with everyone i love there, i just got this gut-
falling, heart-wrenching feeling that i am leaving.  i am
leaving, and soon.  3 weeks goes by SO fast.  i'm leaving
in 3 weeks.  WOW.  3 weeks.  3 weeks from yesterday.




No comments:

Post a Comment