- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8.17.2009

the week that changed my life... again.

it's a given that LEAP will change my life.
it did last year, and this year was no exception.
no matter how hard i try to describe it to anyone,
there's just no way to reconvey the feelings, emotions,
power, experiences that go on at LEAP.
i can honestly say there is NOTHING like it in the whole world.
the support system there is impeccable, and i gain great
strength from the people i meet. the week always goes so fast,
time slips away before i can hold onto it and really cherish it.
then, we travel back to our homes spread out across the country,
or the world in leeto's case, back to our chicken environments,
to a place where people can only dream of what LEAP is like.
but that's the beauty of a secret. maybe screaming "i'm a ten"
at the top of your lungs every morning sounds cheesy.
maybe chanting the "i'm a leaper" song sounds dumb.
but i tell you what. there is immense power in numbers.
and hearing 150 people stand up and say that is the most powerful
thing in the world to me. why? because they believe it.
how? because we're there for each other.
call me crazy for making dozens of new best friends this week.
call me crazy for calling them best after one week.
but i'll tell ya what. common goals and values unite people
so strongly, nothing in the whole world can break it.
so even though we're now everywhere from cali to canada,
new york to idaho, we belong to something. something unique.
and that something gives us hope for a successful future.
i miss my LEAP family SO much already. every single one of them.
but the great thing now is, they keep my accountable. sane.
they keep me in line with my goals we set together. they keep me alive.
i love LEAP with all my heart, and can't wait for next year.
i just wish i could explain it to you. but i can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment