- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

12.29.2013

2013

my top 10 of 2013, in no particular order:

1. graduating from Utah State University
2. landing my first "real" job as a first grade teacher at Canyon Rim Academy
3. seeing my best friend Annie TWICE this year after a 3 year hiatus
4. receiving the call to be the EMC YSA Relief Society President
5. living at home has been such a blessing this year
6. loving my first 4 months as a first grade teacher
7. coleman came home from his mission
8. getting my braces off and feeling like an adult again, heh heh
9. understanding the Atonement in ways i never did before through different challenges
10. the adventures of dating life

the most valuable lesson i've learned in 2013 is the power of vulnerability.  in 2012, when my grandpa died, becca cunliffe sent me a TEDtalk called "the power of vulnerability", which changed my whole outlook on relationships with people.  another valuable lesson i've learned this year is how to say no.  so often i try to be super woman and never let anything get to me, but because of my health i've had to learn to say no to things this year and that's been a huge blessing as well.  i always hope that by the end of another year i can look back and say i have changed from the year before, and particularly this year, i feel like i have gone through some important and major changes.  as always, i know that Heavenly Father is in every minute detail of my life, and for that i am so so grateful.  i can't think of a better set of hands holding my reins.  and thank goodness He is holding them... because i have no idea where i'm headed. 

1 comment: