- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8.30.2010

mellow monday.


i woke up to the most amazing rainstorm this morning!  fall is surely in the air.  It was chilly today, and i love that.  long pants and sweatshirt weather, but the sun's still shining.  mmm.  honestly, today was really hard.  it was weird to think about all my usu friends starting school today, going to their new fhe's and having a blast with new roommates.  and call me pathetic, but i really, really missed him today.  provo isn't TOO far, i know... but i was so sad and mellow today about that.  the first day apart is always the worst.  and i think reality about him being gone for school then me up and leaving for a mission is finally starting to set in.  hard.  thank goodness for friends like annie carney and ashlin anderson... i know i can always count on them for a pick me up :)  on a brighter note, i read all morning, curled up in my bed, listening to the rain on and off for hours.  devin called at lunchtime and made my whole day, (after a small but much needed cry).  i ate graham crackers and frosting in milk, which always reminds me of ashlin... and is one of my favorite treats!  i broke my desk chair today... awesome.  this afternoon i accompanied the skyline musical auditions.  today i realized how old i am because 1. i didn't know anyone that auditioned 2. when mr. gundersen was introducing me to the new(ish) dance teacher, he said, "sara was a senior 4 years ago, in 2006."  wow!  graduated in '07, thank you, gundy, for making me feel ancient... but seriously? was it really 4 years ago that we were starting our senior year?!  gahhh. 3. everyone in high school looks so tiny!  4. i saw a girl i used to babysit walking in the halls and thought, there's no way she's in high school.  ouch.  tough realities today.  but all in all the auditions went well.  always interesting to hear the commentaries of the teachers after the students leave the room, ba ha ha.  nothin' like an insiders' scoop, eh?  after auditions, i started walking home: the sun mid-sky, a bit cloudy, but then blue skies smilin' at me.  it was the perfect chilly fall weather and it smelled of freshly cut grass.  the perfect afternoon.  em.ja.ne and i talked a considerable amount today (compared to what we have been doing lately) and i got one of her inspirational messages in my inbox, which made me extremely happy!  always a boost to hear from that girl!   speaking of ems, tonight she informed me of the gorgeous sunset, which to me is always a great reminder that the Lord loves  me and is here for me, even for something as simple and silly as missing a boy.  lots of other things happened today, but i'll just leave it at that.  i was reminded today, however, how much i love the hymn "lead kindly, light."  "lead kindly, light, amid the encircling gloom.  lead thou me on."  definitely one of my favorite hymns.  i am grateful today for the peace the gospel brings and for how happy my family can make me.  fhe tonight was so great.  tomorrow... john mayer and owl city... :)  my missionary bedtime is fast approaching, so happy monday to all and to all a goodnight!

1 comment: