- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

11.05.2009

checkers champion!

every morning, my second graders play checkers before school.
they always try to get me to play, but i always say no (mostly because
i didn't know if it was my place or not, ha ha) but this morning,
i was challenged yet again, and my supervising teacher said
"i'd like to see this..." so we set up to play. i looked my opponent
straight in the eye and said, "what if i don't let you win?"
he looked at me with this "duh" look, and said, "miss ence, you aren't
even good at checkers." i said, "we'll see about that."

in my competitive nature that comes out every now and again,
i played him so hard! every little play was tense, and soon we had
quite the audience watching every move, and of course giving advice.
happy to report, i totally won! he was not happy.
after a small argument, he walked away and said, "miss ence
you're supposed to let the kids win."

but don't worry, we're still friends :)

1 comment: